The GI is a flexible, 5-axis processing system. The machine provides pre-and fine grinding, with an unmatched process flexibility and is able to process substrate diameters up to 500 mm.
With the integrated post-processing technology for CAD/CAM applications, the GI is ready for custom engineering of highly sophisticated products.
Processing of complex geometries
Flexible kinematics, 5 CNC controlled axes with Bosch Rexroth MTX controller, powerful spindles and many pre-defined processes make this machine the best choice for producing complex and accurate parts.
Prisms can be produced in single or batch mode. Using the front-loaded tool changer it is possible to run processes with many different steps that require different tools, fully automatic without operator interference. In combination with CAD/CAM-interface, complex work-piece geometries can be generated.
Flexible and Efficient
- Universal: grinding and polishing of spheres, aspheres, prisms and other complex shapes in different modes.
- Tailor-made machine versions meeting your specific demands.
- Processes various hard and brittle materials
- Up to two tool spindles mean faster processing and shorter cycle times.
- CAMPos: integrated post processing for CAD/CAM applications.
- Reduced setup time with integrated measuring probe for center thickness and workpiece geometry.
- Integrated dressing process for polishing tools saves time
- High stability and low vibration through proven polymer concrete machine base.
- Direct driven tool spindles for highly dynamic axis movements.
- Stable and repeatable form accuracy through cooled axes and drives.
- 3D simulation mode for high process safety.
- Integrated quality assurance system (IQS) for highest achievable surface quality in spherical processing.
Easy to use
- Front-loaded tool changer (GI-2P) manages 10 tool changing slots for fully automatic processes that require different tools.
- Easy job setup and editing via guided software interface BaSyS.
Spheres, aspheres, plano optics, cylinders, prisms, domes, rods & other complex shapes in brittle hard material.
Diameter up to 500 mm, limits are varying on process type, tool/workpiece constellation & number of machine spindles (GI-2P, with and without tool changer, GI-3P with two tool spindles)
|Dimensions (wxdxh):||1670 x 2660 x 2530 mm / 66 x 105 x 100 inches|
|Weight:||6500 kg / 14330 lb (depending on configuration)|
All technical data are subject to change without notice. Verify details with Satisloh.
Purchase a GI and get your MES-360 Lite for free!
Your introduction to Industry 4.0 with MES-360 Lite
Increasing transparency and visibility of your equipment performance is one of the key levers to optimizing your production and reducing costs. MES-360 Lite provides daily reports using pre-established KPI to track machine utilization, production throughput, and top 5 errors for all of your Satisloh Lab 4.0 ready machines.
MES-360 Lite is easy to install, needs minimal maintenance (Windows OS updates), and only requires basic computers skills. The system allows up to 50 machine connection.
Upgrade MES-360 Lite to the full version at any time or add individual modules as your needs change.