2019 - Celebrating 1000 VFT-orbit
- Celebrating the production of the 1000th VFT-orbit generator
- Fastest digital lens generator of the world
2018 - High-end precision optics technology developments
- New technology developments for high-end optical components production in the SPM-200 & SPS-200.
- New automation system HS-200 to increase optics manufacturing productivity for the processing grinding, polishing and centering machine.
- New SPM-10 & SPS-10 are the next generation of grinding and polishing CNC machines for micro optics
2018 - Lab 4.0 The future is now!
- Satisloh introduces groundbreaking Lab 4.0 program to bring Industry 4.0 to help ophthalmic labs to become smart factories.
2016 - New VFT-orbit-2
- Satisloh launches VFT-orbit 2 the world’s fastest ophthalmic digital lens generator.
2013 - Satisloh continues growing
- The Satisloh Group has over 950 employees, 5 production centers and subsidiaries, representatives and service centers world wide.
2012 - International expansion & technology developments
- CM in Brazil joins the Satisloh Group and renames as CMsatisloh.
- Satisloh opens new sales and service facility in Danyang, China.
- Next generation of precision optics centering machines C-50 and C-300 conquer the market
- Launch of the smallest digital lens surfacing machines “Micro-Line”, consisting of VFT-micro generator and Micro-FLEX polisher.
2011 - Bazell Technologies joins Satisloh Group
- Bazell Technologies a Concord, CA, USA based company develops & manufactures centrifugal fluid processing systems for clarification of oil, emulsions, synthetics, and process waters used in a broad range of industrial manufacturing applications.
- New faster and more efficient “X” generation of box coaters (MC-380-X and 1200-DLX) launched.
2010 - New OBM (On-Block-Manufacturing) production line installed
- First customer installation of the automated ophthalmic lens production line OBM (On-Block-Manufacturing), including inline coating.
- Satisloh takes over the management responsibility for National Optronics based in Charlottesville, VI, USA, a manufacturer of ophthalmic lens edging equipment.
2008 - Satisloh becomes part of Essilor
- Satisloh becomes part of the French company Essilor, the world leader for corrective lenses, with headquarters Charenton-le-Pont, France.
- New high tech machines capture the market: VFT-orbit, the new ophthalmic generator for all kind of lenses, Nucleo-Blocker, the first alloy-free blocker.
2006 - First Satisloh User Group Meeting
- First Satisloh User Group Meeting (Slugfest), an educational and networking event, takes place in Germantown, WI , USA. From this date on, the Slugfest runs alternating in all Satisloh regions.
- New precision optics grinder SPM-60 with a revolutionary 360° multifunctional swivel head launched.
2005 - Satis Vacuum & LOH Merge
- Satisloh becomes a full range supplier for the international optical industry and offers surfacing machines for ophthalmic and precision optics labs as well as coating machines
- New opening of production plant in Zhongshan, China.
2001 - 2003 - New sputtering coating technology
- Satis Vacuum launches the new sputter coater SP-200 for ophthalmic & SP-100 precision optics.
2000 - Developments in Industrial Finishing
- LOH develops ES-2 the first industrial edging machine for ophthalmic lenses.
1998 - Satis Vacuum sold to Schweiter Technologies
- Sale of Satis Vacuum to Schweiter Technologies AG. This sale results in a considerable boom with vacuum coating systems based on high vacuum deposition, single-target reactive sputtering, and plasma impulse chemical vapor deposition (PICVD).
- Satis Vacuum launches the 1200 biggest high volume vacuum box coater.
1990 - 1997 - LOH International Expansion
- LOH establishes new sales departments in Europe, South America and India
- New CNC machines arise, Spheronorm machines for pre-/ fine grinding & polishing of precision optics, and the V-Machine for ophthalmic lenses
1980 - Satis Vacuum International Expansion
- New Satis Vacuum subsidiaries in Germany & United States of America.
- Satis Vacuum starts building washing systems T-10, T-20 and T-40
1980 - LOH a leader in machine & fully automated lines production
- LOH pioneers one of the first optical CNC machines, for ophthalmic Rx production LOH Toromatic CNC and later the LCM-240 a precision optics laser centering CNC machine.
- The company opens sales and service departments in the USA, France & Hong Kong.
- LOH starts selling consumables and tools.
1970 - Satis Vacuum starts building Box Coaters
- Process optimization with the introduction of flip-over system & new in situ measuring methods leads to Satis international success
1970 - LOH specialist for surfacing in the ophthalmic industry
- Development of first lapping and polishing machine LPT, & the first ophthalmic polishing machine Toro-X.
- LOH builds a second production and sales company in Switzerland (LOH Oensingen)
1965 - Satis Vacuum is Founded
- Satis Vacuum is founded by Delio Ciparisso
- The production of coating machines for ophthalmic industry starts in the basement of an apartment house in Italy, with management and administration in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Satis Vacuum begins its worldwide career with a small coating unit for 6 lenses
1960 - New Machines & Processes development
- First automated centering machines LZ-80A and LZ-25A, and grinding machines for multiple prisms like UFM and UMFS developed.
- Large grinding machines RF-2, lapping & polishing machines PLM-400, PM-500 and PM-1, and a polishing machine for micro-lenses, are developed.
1950 - LOH International Manufacturer of Optical Machinery
- Ernst Loh takes over the management after his father’s death and guides LOH to an international manufacturer of optical machinery.
- Foundation of an independent department for the production of spectacle lenses.
- First diamond grinding machines RF-1 and centering machine WG ae developed.
- Lenses & prisms processed with diamond grinding wheels.
1925 - New Plant in Wetzlar
- Loh increases its manufacturing facilities to produce multi-spindle machines for grinding, polishing lenses & prisms.
1922 - Mechanical Workshop, Toolmakers & Locksmith Founded
- Wilhelm Loh founds the “Mechanical Workshop, Toolmakers & Locksmith“ in Wetzlar, Germany.
- In the beginning, the company manufactures machines for the production of sheet-metal cans.
- First, spindles & equipment for micro-lens manufacturing produced.
Ask us a question
Satisloh experts are ready to answer your questions. We help you make the right machine purchase decision
Request a quote
Satisloh designs and manufactures machines that meet your specific requirements. Request your personalised quote today!