How to profit in automated lens surfacing
VFT-orbit-2 covers all production processes: lens milling, turning, cribbing and engraving. The standard VFT-orbit-2 configuration comes with automation. It is Satisloh's only free form digital lens generator where automation is included by default.
- An ultra-fast ophthalmic milling spindle ensures average generating times of between 8-10 seconds per lens
- Satisloh’s proprietary milling tool interface with a 14-tooth cutter enables 35,000 RPM. It is the fastest tool in the industry.
- Satisloh's VFT fast tool and “voice-coil” technology ensure ultimate surface accuracy, smoothness and short “cut-to-polish” processes
- VFT-orbit-2 features Integrated Topography Measurement (ITM) for validating the lens after surfacing
- Auto-calibration eliminates manual adjustments and saves time
Options for even better performance & customized requirements
- A second fast tool enables the use of different turning tips for diverse materials.
- Through Tool Cooling, a patented Satisloh technology, provides highest surface accuracy and extended tool life
- Mechanical engraving
- Intelligent bypass loader upgrade
Adding Performance Package to a VFT-orbit-2 ensures increased throughput by 10-20% depending on lens material mix, temperature and flow control sensors for faster feedback loop and improved consistency.
|Productivity:||Up to 100 lenses/hour (with performance package up to 20% faster, dependent on material mix)|
|Working range:||Concave - milling: - 14.5 dpt.|
Concave - turning: up to - 30 dpt.
Convex - milling & turning: + 30 dpt.
|Lens material:||All organic materials|
|Dimensions (wxdxh):||1771 x 1624 x 1734 mm / 70 x 64 x 68 inches|
|Weight:||2200 kg / 4850 lb|
&All technical data subject to change without notice. Verify details with Satisloh.
Purchase a VFT-orbit-2 and get your MES-360 Lite for free!
Your introduction to Industry 4.0 with MES-360 Lite
Increasing transparency and visibility of your equipment performance is one of the key levers to optimizing your production and reducing costs. MES-360 Lite provides daily reports using pre-established KPI to track machine utilization, production throughput, and top 5 errors for all of your Satisloh Lab 4.0 ready machines.
MES-360 Lite is easy to install, needs minimal maintenance (Windows OS updates), and only requires basic computers skills. The system allows up to 50 machine connections.
Upgrade MES-360 Lite to the full version at any time or add individual modules as your needs change.