How to profit in automated lens surfacing
VFT-orbit-2 covers all production processes: lens milling, turning, cribbing and engraving. The standard VFT-orbit-2 configuration comes with automation. It is Satisloh's only free form digital lens generator where automation is included by default.
- An ultra-fast ophthalmic milling spindle ensures average generating times of between 8-10 seconds per lens
- Satisloh’s proprietary milling tool interface with a 14-tooth cutter enables 35,000 RPM. It is the fastest tool in the industry.
- Satisloh's VFT fast tool and “voice-coil” technology ensure ultimate surface accuracy, smoothness and short “cut-to-polish” processes
- VFT-orbit-2 features Integrated Topography Measurement (ITM) for validating the lens after surfacing
- Auto-calibration eliminates manual adjustments and saves time
Options for even better performance & customized requirements
- A second fast tool enables the use of different turning tips for diverse materials.
- Through Tool Cooling, a patented Satisloh technology, provides highest surface accuracy and extended tool life
- Mechanical engraving
- Intelligent bypass loader upgrade
|Productivity:||Up to 100 lenses/hour (with performance package up to 20% faster, dependent on material mix)|
|Working range:||Concave - milling: - 14.5 dpt.|
Concave - turning: up to - 30 dpt.
Convex - milling & turning: + 30 dpt.
|Lens material:||All organic materials|
|Dimensions (wxdxh):||1771 x 1624 x 1734 mm / 70 x 64 x 68 inches|
|Weight:||2200 kg / 4850 lb|
All technical data subject to change without notice. Verify details with Satisloh.
Adding Performance Package to a VFT-orbit-2 ensures increased throughput by 10-20% depending on lens material mix, temperature and flow control sensors for faster feedback loop and improved consistency